Monday, December 19, 2016

Baking



Because there are so many good boulangeries in walking distance,  I seldom bake. They do it as well or better than I do.

For many Christmases, my then housemate baked up a storm, filling the house with good smells and our tummies with yummy cookies and brownies. http://viewsfromeverywhere.blogspot.fr/2016/12/the-cookie-jag-or.html

At the moment I'm about 600 Kilometers from said housemate, although I know she's been hard at work in the kitchen.

Thus, today and yesterday I was making chocolate chip, peanut butter, and a pie dough bird cookies (cookie cutter that has been in my family since the early 1900s. 

Today it was raisin/cinnamon bagels. Bagels are hard to come by and if found they are plain.

We have invited friends for breakfast tomorrow. We are tired of the typical dinner entertaining, and Rick makes a mean eggs and bacon.

I also made our own juice (apple, strawberry, kiwi).

That's it. 

Our bûche de noël will come from our local baker. He will do it better than I ever could. And his croissants, various breads, desserts are better to.

But it was fun.

Bring on the rest of the season.

 

No comments: