Friday, December 09, 2016

This was me

This was me 75 years ago. Strange to think I've been in existence that long. When something refers to an antique from the 50s, or the 60s, 70s, or 80s as distance past I kinda think of those times as a couple of days ago.

I've lived thru
  • WWII
  • Korean War
  • Vietnam War
  • Too many undeclared wars to mention
Presidents:
  • Roosevelt
  • Truman
  • Eisenhower
  • Kennedy
  • Nixon
  • Ford
  • Carter
  • Regan
  • Clinton
  • 2 Bushes
  • Obama
  • Trump
We had one of the first TVs in town with a microscopic screen and lots of neighbors coming in each night. My mother served popcorn. I could smell it from my bed.

We've gone from party lines to everyone carrying their own phone, paper bank books to paying by computer.

Snail mail to email to sms on phones and internet

Flying across the globe has become no big thing, although very annoying with the airlines these days.

I've lost too many people and added many wonderful people to my life.

As they say I've lived, loved, lost, loved again and celebrate that I have been given the gift of so many years.

No comments: