Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Another museum off the list






Another museum checked off my museums-to-see list--the Rijks Museum with its history and art collections. 

Like the Louvre and so many other museums, it is impossible to see anything but a small percentage of the work on display. One could spend years and never full see/learn/understand all that is there.

I was spoiled living so close to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. With my membership, could wander in after work and look at two or three paintings, absorbing every detail, then wander home for tea and catch up with housemates and daughter. Or we would all meet at the MFA and check out a gallery, knowing the rest of the museum would be there for our next visit the following week.

I'm so lucky that Rick enjoys museums as much if not more than I do. He's making up for lost time for all the years he didn't go to them.

The building itself was built in 1885, although it looks much older.

The wander through the 1600s section did add ideas for Murder in Amsterdam. I've a lot of research to do still but I won't be starting on the novel for at least six months and maybe a year.

We've two more museums we want to see before we leave, but then again, it's not that hard to come back. Just watch for Easy Jet bargains.

So many museums, so much to learn and experience, so little time.

No comments: