Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Done and back to

The manuscript for Murder in Schwyz is ready to send to my editor Nov. 1 as promised. 

I just need to tweak the synopsis (I've already described writing a synopsis as more painful than going to my gynie and having the dentist fill a cavity without Novocaine at the same time.)

This book is set in Einsiedeln, Schwyz, Switzerland with its beautiful abbey, although most of the action takes place in and around a cookie factory almost across from the abbey.


 The funeral for the victim is inside the abbey.



Between the travel the last two months and trying to get out newsletters,  for www.cunewswire.com, getting my mother's cookbook onto a blog, I haven't been able to get back to Murder in Edinburgh. I've about 17,000 words which I had to put aside, despite ideas running through my head but today, today, today I was able to bring it up on screen.

When I've left something that long, I need to reread before continuing. And I am now on chapter 4.



Having been to this wonderful city many times, I really don't have to go back for research BUT if Rick and I could find a housesit there, another trip perhaps in the spring would be wonderful. Spring in Edinburgh may be a loose term. I don't care. I still love it.

Like all my novels there will be many drafts and rewrites, but I can't tweak and rewrite until I get the first draft down. Maybe that's not totally true, because I do rewrite the previous day's work before I start on the new.

But I'm back doing original work again.

YES!!!!!!

No comments: