Monday, October 20, 2014

Brand names and selling my body

It is no news to my friends that I don't do brand names. 

I would if they paid me to be an advertising billboard, but why should I sell my body to someone like Nike? After all Nike pays Federer a fortune. I wouldn't charge as much as he does, of course, because I'm not on international television regularly. 

Those who would see me with the brand would be limited to a few people in a few places. Perhaps we could work out a deal, one Euro per person I pass.

I've always thought that wearing brands says, "Hey, I'm dumb, I want to impress people that I have the latest, expensive thing. I think that makes me better than you."

Sometimes the thing that I like does have a brand name and then I either remove the brand name or hide it in some ways.

Yes, yes, I know--I'm a cranky old woman, or COW for short.

We amused ourselves in an Amsterdam restaurant with a beer coaster marked "Brand"...I did put my glass on it not sure if I was using it or hiding it.

However, it didn't matter

The chicken satay was so good we forgot about branding.


No comments: