Friday, October 22, 2021

Fall cozy

We put the mink on the bed to increase the feeling of fall cozy. The first mink I ever slept under belonged to my former housemate. Her cousin had brought it from Korea where he'd been stationed. The second was in Paris at my Syrian's sister of choice. Later the same year, Rick and I slept under a mink at my daughter's in Boston...It doesn't count as a third mink. She'd been given it by my former housemate.

We ordered one from on line and waited...and waited...and waited...and waited...and... We wrote the company. Finally we cancelled the credit card payment. Months later, and I mean months, when we were spending several weeks in Scotland, we had a message from our dog sitters that this HUGE HEAVY SOFT blanket had arrived.

One of the joys of falls is the early dark, slipping into PJs and reading or watching something on TV. Our bed also has an electric under sheet where we can pre-warm it before getting in.

Our toilet is a room away across a tile floor, chilly on the feet, but then when we have no choice but to cross it to relieve our bursting bladders, crawling under the mink, is a moment of paradise lulling us back to sleep.


No comments: