Friday, October 29, 2021

Good Service

 


 "Je peux d'être là 30-40 minutes," the Locksmith said.

I thought I misunderstood his French. Nope. This is the translation. “I can come in 30-40 minutes,”

Our front door had been acting niggly for several days. W9 left Rick’s hands sticky and the lock niggly. Then we couldn’t get the lock out of the keyhole on the inside.

It was after 7 pm or 19H. I wasn’t sure for the word for locksmith and looked it up on a translation site. Then I checked an old phone book. There are no new phone books. Often it’s faster than dealing with the internet.

The first call there was no answer.

The second had an answering machine.

The third was a human who understood my French and gave me the good news. I gave him the address, the proximity to the church and the fact we have Swiss and Catalan flags over my front door.

He came, he saw, he conquered.

He obviously didn't read the French workman's manual Comment donner des services moche en tant que forme d'art or the English version How to Give Lousy Services as an Art Form.

We are now the proud owners of a new security lock and five keys and an appreciation of great service.

No comments: