Monday, October 25, 2021

Sporty? Nah!



Today my husband is playing golf, a sport he is passionate about, with two Canadian friends. We have a lot in common but love of sports is not one of them. 

I am thrilled he is happy. I adore hearing about what worked for him and didn't. I can enjoy watching a match with him.

If I have to play golf, I really don't care if the ball goes in the hole other than to get the experience over with. I do like the sound of the club hitting the ball, though.

I can enjoy watching football (American and European if it is a championship with France or Switzerland), tennis if Roger is playing, basketball if nothing else is on television. Don't make me watch baseball. 

I used to dread gym especially when we played team sports. I would try my best only because I didn't want to be hated by the others who cared. In volley ball so what if the ball went over the net. What was the sense of hitting the ball in any team sport with racquets and nets. They'd only send it back. It would go on and on until thankfully it was over.

My brother and I used to play badminton and ping pong. It kept the little twerp out of my hair later on, the price I asked for playing with him.

I did love roller skating, ice skating, and bike riding when I was young. I continued to ice skate into my late 40s. I love walking. I ran but that was more for health reason. Things I could do alone and didn't have to worry about winning.


Winning? I don't care if I win or lose in sports. Strangely enough at games like Bridge, Scrabble, Backgammon I do want to win. 

I never claimed to be consistent.

 

No comments: