Friday, October 01, 2021

Grandma's clothes

 


Argelès-sur-mer, France in September and October looks a bit like a Florida retirement home. Many retirees vacation here when the summer tourist crush is over. Like women in Florida they are in shorts, slacks, cute tops, and trendy dresses.

I'm a member of the third age myself, and I do love clothes that are a balance between fun without looking like mutton pretending to be lamb. For example, my legs are long past mini skirts and have been for decades.

My grandmother and her friends at the age of the third age tourists and myself, the wrinklies as we are sometimes called, dressed as in the photo down to the sensible shoes. No bling sandals ever touched their toes never mind sneakers, trainers or baskets depending if you speak American English, English English or French.

 


I love my jeans, sweats, leather skirt, scarves, sweaters and boots like below. For a special occasion, I'll even go into costume for a 1920s event above. 


 

I loved my grandmother. I don't want to dress like her, but I'm more than willing to follow her example on how to live a good life.



No comments: