Monday, November 25, 2013

Giving Annie a giggle



Annie's framing shop is less than a five minute walk from the house, but then what services we need aren't that close including the movie theatre? Rick and I brought her several pieces of art to have framed while we are in Geneva.

We quickly decided the matting and frame of an original piece of art work which was a wedding gift from the artist and a poster with all the letter codes that pilots used. For the first time I learned that G was golf. With Rick, airplanes, pilots, simulators etc. matches my interest with micro finance, credit unions, books, writers, art. He's teaching me a lot.

A third was a poster given to Rick by a professional colleague at an airshow in Geneva and was safely in a tube. It was time to pull it out for the first time since May.

I tried to take off the top.

I struggled and struggled and struggled. For me opening anything can be a challenge.

Rick took it from me. He did not show any machoism or patronizing...another reason to love him.

He struggled and struggled and struggled. Annie produced a screw driver.

Didn't work.

She offer pliers.

Nothing.

Than he laughed. "I can be so stupid."  He twisted the tube IN THE MIDDLE and it came apart.

He wasn't stupid...we all just missed the obvious.

Annie started to giggle. We caught the giggle. The giggle became a laugh.

When we hang the painting we will have a great memory of being with the person who gave it to us as well as the memory of brightening a cold, gray windy November afternoon with a laugh.

1 comment:

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

Ha, That sounds like something I would do! We have also framed some airshow posters. Not many happening now due to cutbacks.