Wednesday, November 20, 2013

World Toilet Day -- two views

When Llara was little we ate out many nights. She was fascinated with the ladies room. Once when I said, "Have you eaten here before?"

She excused herself, went to the ladies room, came back and said, "Yes, we have."

One time when I went to Europe we each kept journals of what we were doing while apart. Mine included sketches of all the different ways to flush a toilet in Europe.

This week, I found a different flush method.

So, Llara, this blog is for you.

Now on the serious part of toilets.

Nov. 19 is World Toilet Day. 2.5 billion don't have access to a toilet. This leads to all kinds of sanitary problems and unnecessary disease if toilets were available.

Be grateful when you flush.

1 comment:

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

You know I was not only fascinated by the cows in your area but the toilets of Europe compared to America! Austria was by far the fanciest most spectacular toilet I have ever seen.. I was tempted to write a blog on this myself.. Feeling rather brave to do so now.. Let the overflowing of creativity begin...