Saturday, December 06, 2014

Cake eating

I'm not a jealous type, but an artist friend told me way back how her husband brings her tea in bed each morning. Although, at the time, I was so happily single the idea of a husband, even as one as lovely as hers was repugnant, but the idea of being woken with a cup of tea was wonderful.

I wasn't jealous but there was a real appreciation for her luck in those snuggles under the covers with a cuppa.

My Indian friend brought/brings me tea in bed when I stay over: Not just me his wife and daughter too. Aha, I had the tea without the husband. Having once been accused of being a cake eater (someone who wants their cake and eats it too) somewhat correctly, this was evidence corroborating the accusation.

I was wrong about the husband part. I've learned how wonderful a husband can be, or at least the one I married.

Rick does tea service. And sometimes we go back to bed with breakfast, tea, computers and/or books. Our lives ease into the day.

To my cake eating accuser...you were right I am and it works.






No comments: