Wednesday, December 03, 2014


There's no doubt that Rick and I have our body clocks set differently. He happily starts writing after dinner and may write until 1, 2, 3, 4 or sometimes even 4 in the morning.

I've packed it in somewhere between 21 and 23 in the evening, curling up in bed and pretending to read. More often then not he comes in, takes off my glasses, removes the book from wherever it has fallen and shuts off the light. I can't tell you what time he does it.

However, sometime between 5 and 7 in the morning I'm wide awake. If I've thought of what I want to write I will bounce out of bed and put on the computer. Otherwise, I will look for wherever he has stashed the book and read.

One of the real luxuries of our life is not having to jump in the shower, grab a cup of tea and head for the office.

Our offices are steps away from the bed, the kitchen, etc.

Fortunately we do overlap.



No comments: