Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Find and replace

I did my thousand words on my novel Murder in Edinburgh, today. What a pleasure to write without the pressure of the newsletter.

And like every novel I've changed a character's name part was through using find and replace. This has drawbacks.

When Lou became Gino in Family Value I had the state of Ginoiana and women wore Ginouses.

This time I changed Rob to Duncan so I had pDuncanplems and pDuncanably, Robert became Duncanert.

Global find and replace again and then a page by page look through to make sure that I caught all the redlines, which also picked up a couple of other typos... if they gave medals in typos I would qualify for at least a silver.

Photo: The wonderful, wonderful city of Edinburgh where my next murder takes place. Others are listed at www.donnalanenelson.com  Rick brags that I write murder mysteries and I add that I kill people all over the word. People warn him he should be nice to me, because I know how to kill people. But I only do it in print.

No comments: