Thursday, September 24, 2015

At last




Fall/Autumn. I don't care if I use the Brit or American term. IT IS HERE!!!!

I thought it would never come after the summer heat where I could barely breathe and had no energy to do anything at all. Heat makes me feel lousy and sometimes even sick.

Even if the colors in Switzerland are not as bright as those in New England, they do put on dresses of yellow instead of red--that is beauty on beauty.

The vineyards are lush with grapes waiting for the vendaage.

The crisp air caresses my cheeks.

Soon the stands that sell hot roasted chestnuts will replace the ice cream stands (I can get ice cream at the store).


When I get to Argelès I will make and apple pie in memory of Barbara and a pumpkin pie as well.

Kaki fruit will appear in the stores. It's a short season.

Marro will have their courge (squash) soup with pumpkin seeds.

Nights come earlier so I can watch DVDs in PJs and not feel slovenly.

Even more excuses for cups of tea. 

I can take long hot showers.

The electric undersheet will prewarm my bed. Ir may seem strange that I look for ways to make myself warm, but it isn't. I can control what parts of me are warm and not have my body and head filled with heat drying up my vital juices.

The village will have their annual fête courge.

No comments: