Wednesday, September 23, 2015

FB good and bad



Facebook is the jungle drums and smoke signals of the modern era.

There's much to love
  • Keeping in touch with friends and family
  • Finding old friends that I thought were lost
  • Friends that were from one part of my life connecting with friends from another. I have people from high school talking with my current writing group for example
  • Groups (photography, writing, blogging)
  • Being caught up with friends with problems
  • Being able to offer support to people with problems quickly although phone and face are the best after the initial Facebook contact
  • News
  • Jokes
  • Political articles I agree with
  • Political articles I don't agree with to make sure I have a complete picture
  • Articles on favorite subjects (medieval history, maps, grammar etc.)
  • Cute animals
  • Quizzes (I don't care if they use it to gather marketing info) They are fun especially when I do well
Things I don't like
  • How when you go to another page getting back to where you were can be a challenge
  • Lists (Americans are great with numbered lists) where you have to click on the next page and the next and the next
  • Photos posted where after five you have to keep changing screens. I don't even when I adore the photographer and yes I'm lazy
  • Ads that pop up in the middle of an article blocking my reading
  • Words that promise I'll love, laugh etc. giving false expectations
  • People who are nasty rather when they disagree and attack personally not the issues


1 comment:

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

Facebook is very much a challenge for me. I have had more negative than positive. Only have 120 friends now compared to the 1000 that I used to have. I have had some good but I do not like Facebook for my main communication.