Sunday, September 20, 2015

Public reading



It is never too late to learn to be better. 

Today's Geneva Writers Group workshop featured John Zimmer 
and Jennifer Bew Orr giving tips on how writers can read their work more effectively.

John, a Toastmaster International Winner, travels the world teaching and Jennifer is a trained actress.

The Geneva Writers Group started in 1993 with 11 members and I was one. They now have over 200 and many have been published.

Fascinatingly many of those that are published have been writing in English as a second language.

I doubt that I would have had my novels published if it hadn't been for the support and workshops that helped me hone my craft.
www.donnalanenelson.com (for a list of my novels)

I was unhappy with my last couple of readings, thus hearing how I could be better, was a pleasure. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Woof, woof you can.

1 comment:

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

I bet you had a wonderful time. John is amazing! I have never heard Jennifer but I bet she was great. Give Alan Hammer my well wishes next time you see him! Shame he isn't on social media.