- I could pick up the telephone and call my beautiful stepmom.
- We were sitting on her couch watching Rachel Ray. She didn't cook but loved to watch cooking shows.
- We were watching Wheel of Fortune and when I guessed the answer she'd tell me how smart I was.
- I could hear her tell my dad, that they didn't have his and her children, but "our "children."
- We were at Olive Garden in Port Charlotte mumphing down salad.
- We were in Camden, ME visiting places she and my dad once visited with their boat The Grand Slam.
- When I talked to her at the end of her life she always remembered who I was.
- My mother had been the same kind of mother when I was an adult that she was when I was a child.
- I had some of the cartoons she drew making me the heroine in a hard situation I was about to face. The gave me courage.
- I thanked her for all the times she drove me by some boy I liked house.
- She could buy my clothes. She always picked out something I would love.
- We could play Scrabble and eat peaches and cream, or marinated mushrooms or crackers with cream and chives. I also wish I won more.
- She hadn't been so manipulative and controlling when I was an adult.
- She hadn't tried to annul my marriage.
- She hadn't tried to get custody of my daughter and thank goodness she failed.
- She hadn't thought my first novel filthy.
- That I have taken the good things from both women.
- I wish they were still alive and healthy.