Monday, May 01, 2017

Mixed feelings

Most likely this will be the last time I will be in my birth country. I am trying to eat all the things not easily obtained in Europe if at all.

I did not expect to find apple cider at this time of year. Yes I like the French cider (so good with crepes). My daughter bought English muffins to go with Stouffer's welsh rarebit, but we can't find it.
There's a Dunkin' Donuts around the corner so I know I will be able to get my raisin cinnamon bagels.
And there's the breakfast place also around her corner where we will eat next Saturday as we have each time we are here.

Even if there is corn in the stores, it is not freshly picked. I would love to get some seeds and have a neighbor plant it, but I don't want to risk introducing GMO into the area. That will have to be a memory taste.

Sigh



No comments: