Friday, May 12, 2017

Tea

The knock on the door would be gentle. "You awake?"

I would be having a sleepover with my Indian friends. We might have had our own Bollywood Film Festival, a good meal and definitely good conversation.

"Yes."

"May I come in?"


"Yes."

My host, still in his PJs, would open the door. In his hands would be a cup of tea. What a way to gentle myself the day no matter if I had early or late obligations.

Having been single for decades, I reveled in it.

One of my Brit friends told about her start of the day with her husband bringing her tea in bed each morning. Although I was beyond happily single, a modicum of jealousy snuck in. I wanted the morning tea BUT not the husband.

Life is full of surprises.

A man from my past came into my life and made a very happy life even happier than I ever thought possible.

I never mentioned cups of tea, but now, every morning, a cup of tea and often a chocolate covered biscuit appears on my night table. Sometimes, I might still be asleep, or reading a chapter before getting up, but that cup of tea holds the promise of a "wicked" (Bostonian English for wonderful) day ahead.




No comments: