Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A change

Anyone who knows me, knows I don't like hot weather. Give me sweater-wearing temperatures.

They may wonder why I want to spend the summer in the hot, sticky south of France.

Simple.

It's all the wonderful people who come (although there are wonderful people who live here all year round too). There are artists, writers, film producers, set designers and just lovely people from different countries. Add in the street dances, the musicians that parade through the streets, life is fun.

But that doesn't mean I like heat.

What joy I felt this morning when I woke to the sound of rain and a cool breeze from the bedroom door leading to the patio, which made snuggling under the covers, a preview of things to come.

The rain stopped and the Wednesday marché went on as usual. We met Swedish friends at La Noisette for coffee.

The wind was clocked at about 34 Kh. The clouds were threatening. It felt wonderful.

I sat on the church steps as Rick took the photo of the clouds above the wall mural across from La Noisette for me.

I'm sure that tomorrow, the heat will be back, but the hint of autumn to come carried a sense of joy combined with the realization that soon people will be disappearing back to their home countries.



1 comment:

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

That sounds like fun!

Here in Canada, everyone has been complain' about the heat but now, they're complainin' that it's cooler. We tend to enjoy complainin' about the weather no matter what the weather is like. Sort of a national pastime, I think.

Purrs,
Nissy #Niss4Senate - tell the PM, today.