Friday, August 15, 2014

When a stone is more than a stone





When Rick and I were walking in Andorra, I saw a palette shaped rock. I love unusual rocks. I have one where the gradations look like the mountains going toward the sea, for example. I have a stone from Collette's grave to bring me good writing karma. We brought back Andorran gray stone to put in our outdoor flower pots to convince the local feline population that the pots are not WCs.
 
Miloud, one of my favourite local artists, frames and sells his palettes. We'd debated buying one, but instead I took the rock into him and asked whenever he was painting could he dab some paint onto the stone. He agreed and this was the result. 

I've a paper weight that contains memories of my honeymoon and my friendship with an artist friend.

No comments: