Friday, August 01, 2014

Merry Christmas

Last night we celebrated Christmas, my birthday and J's birthday.

It wasn't Christmas. My birthday is past and J's is yet to come.

This is what happens when you live as we do in different places with family spread hither and yon.

The Christmas package was from my daughter. Getting things late or early can be normal with international mail and crazy schedules. It's a tradition that she gives me cryptoquote books and something with a penguin just as I always give her socks. Hopefully this Christmas we will meet in Ireland and then head to Argelès for the holiday.


As for our birthdays...why not.

At one company I worked we always celebrated birthdays with a meal at a good restaurant and a gift to the birthday person. The woman who arranged them was born right after Christmas when the office was closed so she never got to celebrate UNTIL the staff decided to through her an UNbirthday in May.

Why not celebrate whenever it seems right? How lucky we are to have the reason for celebration.



No comments: