Saturday, August 30, 2014

Whatever happened to...



I have many white nights where I don't sleep and my mind jumps all over the place... Okay, part of that is not true. I can sleep really well the first three hours, but then I wake up and it is then that my mind starts jumping.

Sometimes they are productive thoughts, like an idea for the next chapter of my book.

Other times I think of things that need to be done such as, don't forget to pack the leather braided belt for Geneva.

And last night it was WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO...

So many stories are followed by the media then dropped. Two pounded around in my head last night.

Susan Brown

In 1994 she drove her two little sons into a lake and let them drown. She was sentenced to life in prison. I wonder what her life is like now.

Unknown

Somewhere in the 1990s Dateline showed the story of a little girl who lived with a foster family. They wanted to adopt her. Her mother wanted her back. After a custody battle, the last short was the child screaming and kicking being driven away in a car with her mother and the foster parents looking totally devastated.


I always wonder why people can't share the child in these circumstances. There should be enough love to go around.

Did this child become a troubled teen? Is she a mother herself? Did she ever as an adult contact her loved foster family?





No comments: