Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Last Day

It's my last day in Argelès.

It's also the last day of summer, although not officially.

Even when we're back here in the winter, the mix of people will be different, still wonderful but different.

The heat will be gone. YES!

We took a walk around the village, stopping to talk to this or that person. We still hope to have time to check out the latest art exhibition at the Salle Marianne.

Although we did a lot, wrote a lot, went to street dances, visited with friends, enjoyed the freshest of veggies from the green grocers there were still things we didn't get to, more because my list is always longer than allotted time.

There's always a feeling of sadness when I leave.

I head for Geneva tomorrow followed by a crazy travel schedule that will take me to Paris, Canada, the US, Germany, Holland and Ireland. Each place will offer something special.

I love Geneva in the autumn with the leaves turning colour and the grapes being harvested. Watching the men with the baskets on their backs.

The clocks will be turned back and it will be time to put on jammies early and drink hot tea.
 
I love that I will reconnect with my writing friends and other friends.

I will connect with my hairdresser, thank goodness. I hope he has a good art exhibition in his salon.

Thus there are mixed feelings at leaving and looking forward to my favourite season.


No comments: