Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Screwing around

The screw came out of the glasses that I use for working on the computer.

Because I'm leaving for Paris in the morning, I mentally added in time to go to the optician on my way to the train station. 

I'd forgotten how competent my housemate is. AND ORGANIZED!!!

She brought out her eye repair kit with the screws and tiny screwdriver, put a facecloth over the drain in the sink and went to work.

There was the time I found her in the Japanese restaurant Mikadoo taking a drain apart to retrieve her missing contact. Normally she does the facecloth trick to prevent losing her contacts down our drain, but she wasn't at home when she had to remove her contact thus no facecloth that day.

Good thing we did it this time, because we kept dropping the tiny screw from the repair kit.

Why do it over the sink?

Best lighting. Easier to find the screw in the sink than on the floor.

I wish I'd counted the failures. It didn't help that we began to giggle (probably had nothing to do with the champagne and popcorn consumed earlier).

We'd get the two parts lined up, but the screw was so tiny that any movement (giggle=movement) meant it fell. Even a tiny screw makes a cute click on ceramic. It makes no sound on a washcloth.

I finally cupped my hands under the glasses as she worked  with the screw in a Oliver Twist "More, Sir, Please" position to save finding the screw in the washcloth threads.

We wished we counted the tries. I couldn't see well enough without my glasses to be much help. She improved her own eye-finger co-ordination after removing her contacts.

Mission accomplished.

As she put the remainder of the eye repair kit away she discovered it came with a magnifying glass.

My housemate did her version of our screwing around late at night http://viewsfromeverywhere.blogspot.ch/http://viewsfromeverywhere.blogspot.ch/
.

No comments: