Friday, September 12, 2014

The proposal

My husband is a romantic.

He originally had planned to propose at the top of the Tour Eiffel. However, things didn't work out, but he didn't give up.

No matter, that we had our ceremony Aug. 10, 2013.

Back in Paris this week, we headed for the Tower.

Here I feel badly, because he wanted to go the top. I'm terrified of heights. Thus, he good naturedly revamped his plans. (I feel badly, still, that I'm a chicken)

Wanting to capture the moment on video (we're a family that tapes, blogs, Facebooks and photographs our lives). I watched him pull Herr Hare and Honey Bunny out of his manbag.

He also had brought the box my engagement ring had come in. Then he proposed again.

With tears in my eyes I said, "YES!"

(Note: A number of husbands of friends are saying he's making them look bad.)


2 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

I love it! Now, what's the story behind Herr Bear and Honey Bunny?

DL NELSON said...

They hopped into the warren one day. Petite Cougar really appreciated the "adult" company so we let them stay. And, of course they helped out with Scooby II who is always getting into trouble... That's our official story. Keep it a secret that Rick picked them up at a conference, but two writers can't let it go at that. By the way the warren is the former atelier where we had the writing workshops.