Saturday, September 13, 2014

Shower thinking

When I worked for IEC, my boss and I would start many conversations with "I was in the shower this morning and..."

What followed was what ever idea that had come into our minds.

As a child we didn't have a shower, but an old fashioned footed tub.


I was bathed with my kid brother UNTIL he deliberately peed in the water.

I went on a life-long not-bathing-with-him strike.


As an adult and I discovered showers in Germany, I went decades without taking a bath until I was in a hotel in Poland that only had baths.

Okay, I thought. I'll try a bath at home with candles and Enya in the background.

Did I like it?

Nah, I still felt dirty when I got out of a bath even though my brother is nowhere in sight and hasn't been for years. We aren't even on the same continent.

I love showers. They heat my bones in cold weather and cool me off in summer's heat. 

I write mentally in the shower and sometimes words are dancing in my head to a point I almost forget where I am.

And this blog?

Created in the shower.


No comments: