Monday, July 13, 2015

Ironing and Ancient Rome




What has ironing got to do with Ancient Rome?




Yes, I do iron. I just like the way the clothes feel better and that includes pajamas. Although many people won't believe it, I iron Rick's clothes too because I want him to enjoy the same feeling.

I never claimed to be a good ironer and if there's a wrinkle left, it isn't all that important.

However, when I iron I put something interesting to watch on the tv or my iPad. Today it was BBC-Life and Death in Herculaneum. The ancient city suffered the same fate at Pompeii. The ruins show how sophisticated the cuisine was, how slaves became citizens and much, much more. The program lasted as long as the ironing pile.

I often listen to documentaries when I cook as well, with the iPad propped on the counter top just far enough way to be safe from spills.

Multitasking is a way of life, I guess.



No comments: