Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Why orange

My friend Karrie has started a daily color photographie thing on FB. Yesterday's was orange.

I wasn't sure I'd find much orange so I did a household orange search and found a carrot, a skin cream and a German verb book. Then we went around Geneva on an Orange Safari and found tons and tons of orange umbrellas, clothing, awnings, equipment. There was even a beautiful car at the airport.

But we also noticed was that so many Swiss companies use Orange as their logo color including
  • Hornbacher
  • Le Matin
  • Coop
  • Migros
  • TPG
  • Fust
And although Easyjet isn't a Swiss company it's colors fill the Swiss skies several times a day.

I looked up the psychology of orange and found www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-orange.html A summary: The color orange radiates 
  • warmth
  • happiness
  • emotional strength
  • optimism
  • rejuvenation
  • spontaneity
  • positive outlook
  • social communication
  • appetite stimulation
  • assimilation of new ideas
Despite all those wonderful attributes the orange on the verb book cover hasn't increased my German verb ability. Perhaps if I opened it from time to time...







No comments: