My friends say I'm the most optimistic, happy person they know. In many ways, they're right. I can find joy in the simplest things.
But I'm tired. I'm of the world. I'm tired of:
- The election with candidates I describe as Mr. Arsenic (crazy) and Ms Cyanide (corrupt)
- The pundits talking opposite "facts"
- The media slanting news (also in UK, France, etc.)
- Fracking where new fields are being proposed although it is impossible for them to be profitable at current prices
- People pushing growth which in the long term is unsustainable
- Religion used as an excuse to hate and destroy
- FATCA and the persecution of American expats directly and indirectly by the US
- US drones killing people in Libya, Iraq, Syria, Africa
- Saudi killing people in Yemen with US drones
- Bad cops getting away with murder
- Good cops being maligned
- Soldiers being lied to on how they are saving their country
- Veterans who served their country in good faith being mistreated
- Poisons in the food and environment
- Too expensive education making it impossible for kids to either go to university or saddling with debt that reduces teir future
- Big gas guzzling cars
- Phony issues such as the color of a Starbucks cup
- Palestine's occupation
- All wars
- Money for death and destruction but not for people
When I look at it, all the things I am tired of, all are thrust on me by the societies (yes it is plural) I live in. Macro things
On FB I list the things that make me happy and I realize that the things that make me happy are personal generated from friends and people who do sweet, funny, good things. I am made happy by creativity and generosity. Good food, Micro things.
I will continue to concentrate on the micro. I can do little about the macro. I don't want to be tired.