Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Hats and bow ties


The back cover of The White Russian showed a man in a hat and a long coat. It reminded me of my father, who always wore a hat.

He was a salesman for Snap-on Tools, a good one and he never left without his hat.

Ties were something he abhorred but would wear a bow tie, the snap-on kind not in any branding with his company, but because it could come off quickly at the end of the day.

I'd describe him as dapper. He loved clothes. Even his pjs were as attractive as possible for his time.


I always find it fascinating what jars a memory loose. Often the connection is tenuous at best like a book cover photo. Other times it is obvious. A boat always leads me to my father as well. He built a 38-foot cabin cruiser in his back yard.

However, a treasured memory is always welcomed.


No comments: