Saturday, April 11, 2015

I collect taxi drivers and

I collect taxi drivers.

There's the wonderful M. Karmalt in Paris, who after several rides was calling his sister during my ride so I could chat with his sister.

And I'll never forget one of five Greek taxi drivers in Paris who reminded me of the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Everything Greek was wonderful. This was before the crisis.

And there were all the Irish taxi drivers who included history lessons along with credit union experiences in our rides.

But now I'm collecting bivelo drivers as well. We hoped a ride with this young man who was from Poland. He had a few lessons in French before moving from Warsaw, and said that when he arrived, he understood almost nothing. We used English as he shared some of his experiences in being an immigrant.

The drivers own their own vehicles and must work really hard as they pedal up and down the streets.

He left us at the bottom of a staircase leading to the Chagall museum. 

Rick, who never engaged with taxi drivers, also has developed the habit.

Taxi drivers are a great collectable. They don't take up shelf space.


1 comment:

charlie gill said...

We facilitate you with seatbelts, baby seats, and some other include point pickup, corporate cabs, long-distance cabs in our list.
silver services