Thursday, November 26, 2020

Horoscope

The November 25th prompt was to read your horoscope than use that as the basis for the day's Flash Fiction
 
 

“Be honest with your partner; a sincere conversation will help you balance your relationship,” my horoscope said. And what if I don’t want to be honest?
 
Some days I want it to work it out with Joe. Other days I want him out of my life.
 
He’s a sweetheart in so many ways, the type of man that brings me flowers, cleans up after dinner.
 
So what’s the problem?
 
He’s always in my face. I don’t have a moment alone. I’m lucky if I can read a paragraph without him interrupting me. He’s talking to me as I fall asleep and as I wake up. When I take a shower I have to lock the door so he won’t come in and sit on the toilet and talk to me.
 
I’ve tried to talk to him about it, but he doesn’t pay any attention.
 

Tonight I found myself sitting in the car after work rather than go into my flat and be talked at.
 
I made a decision. 
 
I’ve called a locksmith.


No comments: