Monday, November 16, 2020

Nov. 16 Charades

The Nov. 16 prompt for a piece of Flash Fiction is charades.

 
 “You want to play charades!” I looked at my boyfriend. He knows I hate games.
 
“Just this once. Jan and Ken, Bill and Louise are all coming over. It'll be fun.” John put his arms around me. “I know that.” 
 
I was in the kitchen making all kinds of snacks. It was our regular music night. We were all folk musicians either full or part time. We get together to try out new tunes.
 
At 8 p.m everyone came in with their instruments, but they didn’t take them out. Instead they scarfed down what I’d made.
 
“Are we ready for charades?” John asked and all of them yelled, “Yes,” which was weird.
 
“I’ll start,” John said and signaled that it would be a question.
 
He held up four fingers
.
“Four words!” They chorused together.
 
John got down on his knees and pulled out a small box. He more or less crawled on his knees to where I was sitting on the couch. He opened it and I saw what was in it.
 
“Will you marry me?” all our friends said as John took out the diamond.

 

No comments: