Saturday, November 07, 2020

Tea


 "I'll put the kettle on," is a phrase used in too many English films to count. In British/Scottish/Irish novels, the phrase appears frequently. Tea is needed as as a drink in UK and Irish police stations.

Although raised in New England, I came from a tea drinking family.

Since I've lived outside the U.S. I have had electric kettles like above. In the U.S. all my kettles whistled when done instead of shutting off. They were all aluminum but I found an image of a red one to match my current kettle for this blog. I love color co-ordination.

My husband brings me tea in bed each morning. Different teas with different aromas that in a subtle way say, what a wonderful way to start the day. Years ago when I was staying with an Indian family, my host did the same and I thought how lucky his wife was never dreaming someday I'd be as lucky. I count my blessings.

Today is rainy and windy. I'm making an apple pie with a family member of choice. We make a pot of tea to drink as we work. Outside its rainy and the wind is blowing. What a perfect day.
 


No comments: