Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Art at No. 21

Rick admits that my knowledge of art and literature is greater than his, partially due to his avoiding liberal arts courses and my taking every one I could, and his lack of opportunity to troll museums around the world until recently. He's making up for all the years he didn't/couldn't.

Thus he was chuffed when he piled the animals and announced, "The Musicians of Warren" and I looked blank.

"The Musicians of Bremen." He tilted his head waiting for me to catch the reference.

I still looked blank.

"The Grimm fairy tale."

I'd never heard of it, but I was chuffed that we once again had introduced something new to the other. Just like I know more about aviation than I ever did before. 

The animals had no comment on mimicking a statue that is in Bremen. Maybe we'll go to Germany to check it out, or check it out when we're in Germany.


No comments: