Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Facebook postings

Okay, I like Facebook.

I've remet lost friends from lifetimes ago and am fascinated when people I knew in one part of my life, line up with people from another part of my life although decades and geography separate them.

I read are all the health studies...almost all of which have a contrasting study:
  • Homeopathy proven to work vs. the homeopathy totally useless.
  • Vaccines cause autism vs. vaccines don't cause autism.
Then there are the food recommendations.
Eat blueberries to do this, artichokes to do that, and broccoli and and and and... But if we ate everything recommended to prevent diseases we'd be eating 24/7. And as much as I love to eat, 24/7 eating would be too fattening despite the foods that allegedly help one lose weight.


Baking soda for colds was one recommendation. that one seemed to shorten my last cold to five days, but one cold is not scientific proof.

Garlic and lemon lower cholesterol and cocoanut oil to prevent gum disease and shrink your belly fat, rosemary or sage for memory are all recommendations..

I've decided just to live...ignore all the advice, eat the things I like which includes blueberries, artichokes and almost every other veggie imaginable.

And I did that without FB.

As for the politics, it certainly helps with the fight against FATCA.

The quizzes can be fun, especially the ones I ace. Others are dumb like "name a city without the letter A"...one would have to be an idiot not to be able to do that. I figure that is some kind of information sweep.

It won't replace sitting at table and drinking coffee and chatting face to face but it isn't supposed to.

And NSA watching my sight...go ahead...

Facebook is Facebook is Facebook with apologies to Gertrude Stein.



No comments: